Terms and Conditions for PA Services
The small print
1. An individual or business requesting work from Keepoint will be referred to as ‘the client’.
2. These Terms and Conditions form the contract between Keepoint and the client.
3. Nothing in these terms and conditions or the provision of the Services shall create or be deemed to create a partnership or the relationship of principal and agent or employer and employee between The Client and Keepoint.
Booking the task
4. Keepoint accepts work from the UK or abroad,provided the output is in English and our terms are agreed.
5. Keepoint will consult with the client for up to an hour before the first booking without charge.
6. When a task has been discussed the details will be sent by e-mail or post to the client for confirmation.
7. For one off projects, a signed acceptance of the Quote, outlining agreed fees,scope of assignment and contact details will be required before commencement of work. These Terms and Conditions will form the contract.
8. Timescales and deadlines will be agreed prior to commencement of the task. Usual turnaround of work is 24- 48 hours, for all work under one hour long received and acknowledged by Keepoint before 5pm.
9. If possible, urgent tasks will be accommodated but it will be subject to a £25.00 rush task fee, regardless of the size.
10. Any work which is subject to a short notice deadline or which may require working evenings, weekends or bank holidays may be subject to a surcharge to be agreed in each case.
11. If the original requirements of the task are changed following agreement, Keepoint reserves the right to consult with the client and amend the quotation appropriately.
12. The client will ensure that Keepoint is provided with all paperwork and information necessary to complete the task prior to the commencement of the task. All details, e.g. templates, passwords or processes should be submitted along with work at time of submission. Keepoint will not schedule work until all the materials are received.
13. Receipt and delivery of work can be by post, courier,fax, hard-copy, email attachment or CD. Files to be transcribed must be in a digital format. Keepoint recommends that clients obtain proof of postage as Keepoint will not accept responsibility for loss or damage to any items going through postal service.
14. All documentation will be scanned using anti-virus software but no guarantees can be issued. It is the clients’ responsibility to install anti-virus protection on their own equipment.
15. All work will be presented using Microsoft Office applications.
16. Final proof reading remains the responsibility of the client, however in the unlikely event of any mistakes being found they will be rectified free of charge if returned within 48 hours (96 hours for large items). Errors reported after 48 hours (96 hours for large items) will still be corrected but the time spent will be charged to the client.
17. Should the client choose to waive their right to proofread any work; they must do so in writing. In no way will this reduce their liability for any issues which may result from any uncorrected errors.
18. All original files, discs and hard copies etc. will be returned to the client with the completed work.
19. The time taken to complete a task will be monitored and recorded. Only time used directly on the task will be recorded using specific software; any interruptions or breaks will not be included in the completion time.
20. Time used will be deducted from the total credit for clients using our block booking scheme. Time bought under the block booking scheme is valid for 3 months from the date of purchase and any unused credit will be lost once the 3 months are up.
21. If the credit on the block booking scheme is running out the client will be warned and the work will either cease at the end of that time or the client can purchase additional time.
22. Keepoint requires an upfront payment of 50% for large projects or 3H upfront for continuous support before work on the task will commence. The final 50% will then be paid once all work has been completed and approved. This final payment is due immediately on receipt of the invoice. For new clients, Keepoint reserves the right to request the full amount before the task commences.
23. All telephone, fax, paper, ink, stamps and other stationery used will be itemised and charged at costs stated on our price list available on request.
24. All additional costs for mileage, stationery or postage etc will be charged monthly in arrears.
25. Time used will be deducted from the total amount of credit on the block booking scheme.
26. Keepoint will not be held responsible for any loss,damage, theft etc of data, documents, equipment or any items relating to tasks during transit to and from our premises.
27. Final responsibility for proof reading and checking all completed work lies with the client. Keepoint will not be held liable or responsible for the end use of any work completed by us.
28. In no event shall Keepoint be liable for any indirect punitive, special or incidental damage (including loss of business, revenue, profits, use, data or other economic advantage) however it arises.
29. Clients have sole responsibility for adequate protection and back up of data and/or equipment used and will not make a claim against Keepoint for lost data, re-run time, inaccurate instruction, work delays or lost profits resulting from a contract.
30. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that all material provided does not contravene any copyright laws, plagiarism laws and publishing requirements. Keepoint will not be held liable for any contravention. Keepoint are not responsible for the content of any document supplied to them.
31. Keepoint retains the right to reject work that Keepoint Ltd feel is illegal, immoral or objectionable.
32. Retainers are valid for 3 months from the date of payment of the first invoice. Under no circumstances will the retainer be extended.
33. Any hours unused by the end of the retainer will be lost.
34. All work Keepoint undertake is treated IN CONFIDENCE. If required Keepoint will sign a Confidentiality clause.
35. No details regarding clients or information relating to work carried out will be disclosed or passed to a third party without prior consent unless Keepoint are legally obliged to do so.
36. Copies of all work carried out will be held on file for a period of 3 months after the work has been completed. After that time the work will be archived for a further 6 months. Retrieval from the archive may incur an administration charge of £25.00. After this time, work will be deleted unless specifically instructed by the client.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute arising under these terms & conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdictions of the courts of England and Wales.
A copy of these Terms and Conditions is available on request.